Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Testimony of Steven Turner

I have always loved the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 46 ,vs 13 and 14.  It says "To some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, To others it is given to believe on their words, that the also might have eternal life if they continue faithful." 

I have been blessed to believe from a young age.  There are some things I know, and there are some things I believe, and I'm OK with that.  I remember when I learned for sure that the Book of Mormon is true.  I had always believed it was true, but as I prepared to leave the MTC, I knew that I needed to KNOW that it was true.  I finished reading it one day, and the next we had some time to go to the Provo temple.  I remember sitting in the celestial room after the session, praying and seeking.  I remember the feeling of complete knowledge that I received in answer to my prayer.  I do know that the Book of Mormon is true.

I also know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.  I can't say when i particularly gained that portion of my testimony, but i clearly remember defending him as a pastor of another church attacked him, and I realized that I really did know that he was a prophet of God.

I believe that families can be together forever, and I'm grateful for that doctrine.  As I get older and my body starts to break down and seize up, I really look forward to living in a perfect, glorified state with my family.

I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost that can be a part of our life as we let him in.  With out the Holy Ghost, life would sure be a lot tougher. 

Most of all, I know that the Savior lives, and that he loves you and me.  Jesus Christ performed the atonement for me (and you), and I am forever in his debt.  I know that repentance is the means of returning to our Father in Heaven some day, and is only made possibly because my Savior paid the penalty for my innumerable sins.

Mom and Dad, I do know that your service is so important, and I'm so proud of you for being willing to go where and when you were called (even though the carribean is nice in the winter).  Thank you for taking the time to teach me as a kid, to help me understand the doctrines of the gospel, and to allow me to learn and grow.

1 comments:

  1. Thank you for your testimony! I am so grateful for the testimonies of all of you! It makes serving this mission so much easier. And you think you are getting old? You have only just begun! But serving the Lord makes us feel young and healthy. Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete